Sunday, January 12, 2014

Introduction

Hey Y'all, my name is Ben Powell and I am a Oceanography major just starting the GIS Certificate.  I hope that by obtaining the GIS Certificate it will set me apart within my field and the job market.  Currently I am in the Navy and will be departing active duty February 23rd of 2015 and I am counting down the days!  I have been stationed in Pensacola since November of 2009 and will have spent my whole career here in Pensacola.  It has been a very good place to be stationed because without being here I never would have rediscovered my passion for all things ocean.  I do networking for the Navy so I am fairly technical when it comes to computer things and am hoping that by using GIS it will allow me to blend Oceanography with computers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment