Friday, March 28, 2014

Lab 10

In this lab the objective was to use proportional flow lines to portray the immigration of people into the United States in 2007.  The usage of the flow lines was pretty basic once you got the hang of using the pen tool which was much easier after watching the Adobe video on the website.  Before that I really had no clue what I was doing.  Also we were introduced into stylizing objects by using the 3-D effects, drop shadow, and inner glow.  I think that drop shadow was my favorite, hence why I used it on all of my flow lines.  I am becoming much more comfortable in using the basic AI tools to do the tasks that we need to do for each map, such as the neatline.  One of the most frustrating parts of this lab for me was changing the color scheme for the U.S. map.  For some reason every time I selected the states and changed the color it would just make the borders go away.  It took me about four times to realize that I had the stroke selected.  Whoops!  After that the rest of the lab went smooth besides playing with the effects.  Playing with the effects was time consuming but fun because it really allowed me to further explore the power of AI.  Below is my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment