Saturday, February 1, 2014

Lab 3


Lab 3 map production
 In lab 3 we were given a map of the United States, Florida, and South Florida.  The legend and north arrow were given as well.  The map of South Florida depeicted the Hispanic percentage of each county and was colored for each category with no specific theme.  The maps were inappropriately sized for what the concentration of the map was supposed to be.  I resized all of the maps as well as rearranged the location of them.  I also felt that the legend was on the small side so I enlarged that as well as relocated it to it's current position.  I used a really interesting website called ColorBrewer to create the shading scale for the counties that I applied instead of the one given.  The inset maps did not have the rectangles to denote the areas of detail.  I feel that the background color helps remove the eye from the inset maps, the reason that I chose to do this is because they are not the main purpose of this map.  I struggled with finding the neatline because I thought it was already given, however, with guidance from my classmates I got it figured out.  Overall, I really enjoyed this lab because any chance to work with Adobe Illustrater is welcome because of the power it offers and it helps make me more familiar with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment