Friday, February 7, 2014

Lab 4

In lab 4 we were given a blank map of Marathon FL and asked to label it using the Typography tool in Adobe Illustrator.  There were 17 places that we needed to label, they ranged from islands to the country club.  Other than that we were given free range to lable or symbolize as we saw fit.  I added a couple things to the map other than the text, they were: the blue background, the border,legend, legend background, and the North arrow.  The reason I chose the blue background is because Marathon is an island and I felt it needed to be represented as such.  Keeping with the island theme I decided to add the border to go with the water and the burlap background for the legend because islands used to have goods brought in using burlap sacks.  Below is the map that I ended up with.
Lab 4 Map: Florida Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment